Monday 23 March 2009

What a match

D'amharc mé ar an cluiche rugbaí inne idir Éireann agus an Bhreatain Bheag, cluiche tharr barr a bhí agus bhain mé a lán sult as!

Usually I'm not particularly enthused by Rugby, I'd try and watch the odd international match when Ireland are playing but usually it's GAA or soccer for me.

I settled down to watch the 6 Nations Final between Éire and Cymru yesterday and was mightly impressed by the action, and by the noise of the Irish fans within the brilliant Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.

Sport is a great way to inspire hope and provide entertainment, especially in a time of economic doom and gloom and i am sure Ireland's Grand Slam win, as well as Bernard Dunne's victory will be enjoyed across the nation over the coming days and weeks.

I know I was certainly impressed by the exciting match i watched yesterday and if Ireland continue to play like that in the Rugby then I could soon find myself becoming increasinly more interested in following it!!
comhgairdeas d'Éireann

No comments:

Post a Comment