Monday 19 January 2009

Short Strand Health Day


The Short Strand Community Centre will be holding a 'Health Day' this Wednesday from 10:00am until 12:00pm


There'll be a number of things taking place, including Health MOT's, checks on your blood pressure and blood sugar levels.


There'll be some healthy foods on offer and lots of different prizes for those taking part.


I see there's also Turkish shaves for the fellas, I know it was very popular at the health day during the Féile so I think I'll definately bite the bullet and give it a try!!! Fair play to Paul and Dan Miff who were the first ones to give it a go over the summer!!!


Goods news too is that everything on offer is free of charge.


I have no doubt we'll see plenty of residents round at the centre on Wednesday morning and I must say I'll find it difficult to stick to the healthy snacks and not call in to Paddy and Geraldine in the canteen for a good aul fry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment